The Association of Millwork Distributors has been the acknowledged leader in the millwork distribution industry for almost half a century.
The merger, in 1963, of the Southern Sash and Door Jobbers Association (founded in 1931) and the Northern Sash and Door Jobbers Association (founded in 1935), established this organization as National Sash & Door Jobbers Association. In 2003, the association adopted the name Association of Millwork Distributors (AMD) to better reflect the Association’s position in the industry.
Our Association serves only to benefit its members and the Millwork Industry specifically. It is the intention of the Association to help its members and industry through the growth years ahead by providing all the tools and services necessary to produce sales and profits.
AMD provides leadership, certification, education, promotion, networking and advocacy to, and for, the millwork distribution industry.
• Serving a diverse membership and establishing relationships based on trust, integrity, and
• Providing educational tools designed to meet the needs of the entire millwork distribution
• Holding an annual convention promoting unlimited opportunities available for profitability
and growth for all of our members.
• Featuring association leadership provided by the millwork industry’s most capable
• Providing advocacy on issues of concern to our entire constituency regarding compliance
with certification, codes, and technology.
• Maintaining excellence in everything we do.
OUR VISION IS TO
• Grow AMD membership to reflect ongoing distribution industry changes, representing the
way millwork is currently manufactured, assembled, and distributed.
• Lead the industry in providing AMD members the opportunity to build strong relationships
by learning from each other, sharing their knowledge and expertise in an atmosphere that
encourages open dialogue and networking.
• Maintain a highly professional, knowledgeable, and responsive association staff.
• Become the industry’s leading authority and advocate on industry issues, standards,
trends, and resources in the millwork distribution industry.
• Offer cutting edge educational programs and initiatives to our members for improving their
sales and marketing, logistics, operations, and overall industry business practices.
• Develop accreditation and certification programs to recognize and accelerate the advanced
learning of millwork professionals in our industry.
• Promote the benefits of doing business with AMD members and the consumption of
• Continue to modify AMD’s annual convention and meetings in a manner that provides
uniqueness and increases benefits to attendees, allowing networking partners to share
and exchange developments in the millwork industry.
• Be regarded as the ultimate resource for networking among members of our association
and industry, while encouraging personal relationships through breakout sessions and
small group forums.